Thursday, November 25, 2010

DO YOU AGREE WITH HARPERS DECISION TO KEEP THE CANADIAN TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN FOR AN EXTRA 3 YEARS?

If their are any former Canadian troops visiting this blog, please, feel free to comment!

3 comments:

  1. I do not think Harper should keep our Canadian troops in Afghanistan for any longer. We have already suffered more then enough casualties as a country and to be honest, I believe the rest of the worlds developed countries should start doing their part in helping fight this war. As Canadians, we tend to be overly giving at times but it is not right to be giving at the cost of peoples lives. As a country, we can only help so much before we have to give up in order to save the lives of those that matter most to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a strategically good idea, however I am compassionate for all the soldiers who have to stay away from their families another three years to engage in a place of remaining danger. Although the Canadian soldiers that will be staying in Afghanistan will be outside of the direct line of action, there are always risks in that area of the world, especially considering that the Taliban has not been completely flushed out yet. This action is a great example of Canada remaining a major part of fixing this problem and working towards a more diplomatic solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this is not a very good idea, as although it may be good in terms of the military, it means that thousands of families will have to face the worries and fears of having a relative in the army for three more years.

    ReplyDelete